View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 07:47 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I am not aware of "more absorbable fish oil"

All the fish oils I know of are oils. Hence they are best
absorbed with food present. The bile released at mealtimes emulsifies the oil and improves absorption.

There are some liquid emulsified oils.
Here is an article about Coromega:
http://www.coromega.com/01What/f_bio...ty/f_body.html

Whether this is necessary for most people remains questionable. The emulsified forms are more expensive, and were mostly used by people who couldn't swallow large capsules, and for children.

You can use your Lovaza. My comments are about the hype surrounding it...which may not be exactly true, to account for its increased price. If your insurance pays for it, then the price is not an issue. I do like the fact that the new nutraceuticals that the drug industry are making like Lovaza educate doctors more and help everyone get access to fish oil or other useful things. But the cost to the patient involved is unpleasant IMO.

For example my insurance is going up in January, as I assume many others will be affected as well.
The most reasonable way for me to obtain an RX medication is by mail order. A 3 month supply for me is going up to $65. So a 3 month supply of Lovaza would cost far more than a 3 month supply of
double strength fish oil over the counter. So even WITH insurance people may be paying more for Lovaza.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 12-13-2008 at 10:33 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
judymoody (12-13-2008)