View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I am not from Illinois, but watching this play out on the news just burns me. The man has a right to trial and a chance to prove his innocence. The tapes we've heard referenced do NOT show the whole case. The feds would NOT have moved forward on this without conclusive proof that there IS a case.

One thing that hasn't been discussed is that if he is guilty, he will need a bargaining chip. That will be his office and the Governorship. He will testify as to his guilt, provide information on all others involved, and walk away with a resignation and his pension before he is convicted. While he may serve jail time, he will have protected his ***-ets and his family's future. The Illinois State Atty General is moving right now to take away his ability to appoint a new person to Obama's Senate seat. That will be the main move right now, to ensure that whomever is appointed is not involved in the "bidding" for the seat. Unfortunately, this may also mean that someone who was qualified to take the seat and who would have done a good job, may be eliminated because they had some contact with the governor, even if it was only to ask about being appointed.

I truly hope that there was no involvement by Obama or any of his staff. The country does not need any more scandal. We need a leader who can step up untainted and take charge and get this freakin' mess sorted out for the good of the USA as a whole.

I also want to know who stepped up and blew the whistle on the whole operation and got the investigation rolling in the first place. Kudos to that person for doing the right thing and reporting the whole mess!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (12-13-2008), SandyC (12-13-2008), weegot5kiz (12-13-2008), who moi (12-13-2008)