View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 12:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up That sounds like me

Kpearl,

I know it's hard - trust me. But do not punish yourself for not being able to do the things you used to do! This disease strikes people for no rhyme or reason!

I thought I was losing my mind until I was diagnosed..........family members told me i was depressed or lazy......only my hubby and FIL believed me.

I have prayed and prayed for remission. Granted, things have gotten much better since I started on my steroids, but still cry sometimes for my old life.........

My story of MG is @ www.mgsouthtexas.org if you are interested.

In the meantime, try and rest and know that I will be thinking about you and praying for you!

When you hear from your neuro, I'd love to hear what he/she says!

DO NOT overdo it!!!!

Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpearl View Post
I've been dealing with symptoms for probably over two years now, but not to the extent that I suffer now. At first I did have muscle weakness (felt like I over exercised) but I just figured it was due to my age, and the fact that I am a very active person. Last summer is when major changes started, I had trouble getting motivated, this irritated me big time since I do all the yard work, I do all the household duties, and I help run two business'. I felt guilty sneaking off and taking a quick nap, I was extremely tired, not me at all. Then, my breathing got worse, was told asthma, inhalers didn't help. I love to ride my motorcycle, and its a big one, but I feared long trips since I got to a point where just holding it up or even turning corners was getting to be too much. And yes, when I get to the point of fatigue, my voice gets very raspy, and it gets hard to swallow. Even now on the Mestinon I know when I need to slow down because my voice becomes raspy.
Right now I'm being followed by my GP. She's fantastic, she,s actually the one who finally diagnosed me, her and the ER doctor. I go back to the neuro in approx. 2 months and go over things then. I just want things to get back to normal, but I have a feeling I have to accept that my so called normal has changed.