Old 12-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb another doctor's opinion...

I suggest you go to Dr. Jay Cohen MD's website:

http://www.medicationsense.com/

I have this book, and can attest to his expertise on this subject.

Your doctor is mistaken, and you need either a new one,
or to research this yourself. Dr. Cohen supplies MEDICAL support research papers for his opinions.

The book is only about $10 on Amazon.

Many of us here on PN have improved with careful choice of specific nutrients, to help stop progression and to promote healing. For example, statins poison your mitochondria...like other drugs including those used by HIV patients. They have found over a DECADE ago, that acetyl carnitine helps reverse this damage and protect. The same goes for chemo patients.
You can do this too.

Only doctors who are uninformed and stuck in the past, believe that expensive urine comment.
In reality genetic research is showing that people vary considerably in how their bodies biochemically operate. Some need support of B1, others more B12, others more Vit C, there is a proven dependency that people are born with for B6, a genetic error in about 50% of alcoholics that results in low B6 and zinc called pyroluria. I could go on and on.... but you see, we are NOT all the same biochemically.

I am beginning a new thread on Vitamin forum on alternative cholesterol maintenance.
Soon I will have the supplements there. Right now I am just posting links that people need to
read to understand the "problem". For example, Crestor has been lowering YOUR CoQ-10 which is a serious thing.

Here is just one of the papers showing acetyl carnitine protective of cell death in neuropathies:
http://www.annieappleseedproject.org/aconappane.html

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 12-13-2008 at 02:27 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote