View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 10:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default posting from another thread

Following is what I posted on the other thread......

Don't bother seeing your regular doctor (GP, internist, etc.) unless you need a referral; you need to see a neurologist ASAP. Be assertive about getting an appointment soon. If there is more than one neurologist available, ask for one that handles patients with CRPS/RSD and/or peripheral nerve damage (if the receptionist doesn't know, ask to talk to one of the nurses, who should be able to tell you which neurologist to see). If indeed you have CRPS/RSD due to venipuncture, prognosis is variable, but early treatment is key. Many of these cases get better in a couple of months, and many last years and years. It's extremely important that you see a neurologist as soon as you can.

Keep detailed notes (names, date/time) about every contact you have with anyone from the place where this happened. Take time soon to write down exactly what happened at the time of the injury and in the days afterwards, and start keeping track of the progression of your symptoms. These notes will also be very helpful to your neurologist. Keep notes of every doctor's appointment. A high percentage of venipuncture CRPS cases result in insurance claims or lawsuits. If your symptoms are still there a month from now, or are getting worse in the next couple of weeks, find a lawyer.

My injury occurred during a blood donation, and I waited almost a year to see a lawyer. Because I'm a nice person, I didn't want to sue the (nationwide) organization involved. However, when a person from the organization suggested I hadn't complained enough when it happend (which is bull!), basically insinuating that it was my fault, I was finally angry enough to get a lawyer. Fortunately, at the recommendation of my mom, who is a nurse (and who recommended I get a lawyer from day one), I kept excellent records.

I wish you very much luck. Stay optimistic. Stay informed. Let us know how you are doing.

Annie Poo
Annie Poo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote