Thread: Otto
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Thank you. Thank you Kitty. You brought tears to my eyes!

The power of those thoughts and prayers from here. I'm in awe of the people here.

I went at noon to visit Otto. Waited for 2 hours! Anyway, she let me hold Otto in a consulting room. Broke my heart! I don't know that he recognized me until I said good-bye. He was all about following the vet student's voice. She said, "Oh gosh don't feel bad! I'm the one giving him the big guns medicine and caring for him! He likes me for that."

She said at this point not even being 24 hours out from surgery, he's so doped up on the hydromorphone. I could tell, still and all, he is in a lot of pain. When I held his face and head and talked to him he stopped whimpering and got quiet.

The vet student let me see where the surgery was. There is a very long bandage along about half his spine. She said that they also checked the discs above and below the T12-13 in case any of those needed attention.

She also said the next couple of visits he will be so happy to see the family and that family visiting does make a huge difference.

I'm hoping to report sooner than soon he is getting his movement back.

I hope my doxie friends check out that site I linked. There are good tips for avoiding these types of injuries

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (12-13-2008), Kitty (12-13-2008), Lara (12-14-2008), mistiis (12-14-2008)