Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 01:28 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Compression

Hi April, welcome to the forum but so sorry to hear about the c-ribs.
However, if you are going to have TOS, and there is anomolie, it is much better diagx and treated. I don't know who told you removeing the ribs would result in paralysis, but that is not the norm. Many have been here on the forum and had the c-ribs removed. The doctors do state some complications.

However, you say about working 50 hours aweek.
I had a friend on the forum that worked about that many in a bank. She had to take a leave. But, she had her TOS go into remission. Not cured, but managable and lived a whole different life. I could not go back to law enforcement and retrained working minimal hours and also on social security. But, I have avoided surgery, and manageble pain.

Unfortunatly, we either manage our TOS or it will manage us. As my friend Mark Jordan stated. He lives with TOS about 20 years now.
You may have to take some time off to get better, you may have to change how you do things at work. Some O.T. can evalute your work area, software, chair and workstaions positions to help.

A chiro I used did a non agressive (he did not crack my neck) He used a thing that zinged. It gave me some stress a few hours but after that the nerves calmed down. The most help he gave was pressure point deep pressure and work the knots and spasms. All along the spine and traps. I found a PT that did a much better job then he did. She took at least 45 minutes where the chiro couldn't.

I had moist heat packs, ultra sound sometimes and good trigger point massage. I di aqua therapy in the heated pool too. Just having some range of motion and then floaties on me to lay in the wate to float wieghtless and warmth to my bones. I also bought a hot tub as the one at PT was so helpful to realese spasms and pain. I also have trigger point injections in the traps.

My neck is so tight in spasms I get the crunchies too. But, I had a huge knife in the area above my wing and up into my skull a knot with pain i the head. A last ESI I ahd managed that wonderfully. i never expected, but am thrilled with the relief I had. I was in ER level pain and no longer.

I take valium 5 mg a day for muscle spasms, much better muscle relaxant then flexeral. I can break them in half or take 10 for a bad day, higher activity.
I hope you find some helpful ideas and someone to help reduce your symptoms.
Dianne

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote