View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 09:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Crazy Help understanding MRI results

I recently had an MRI done and when I went to the doctor to get the results I was pretty much told that I had to take some time off work. I was given Neurontin and pain pills and told to come back if things got worse. I was not given an explanation on the results and was wondering if someone on here could help. I will copy the results as I cannot think of an easier way to word it.

The L5/S1 disc annulus demonstrates broad based posterior bulge with a superimposed posterior central protuberance, without effacement of the thecal sac or spinal root sheath. The lateral foramina are narrowed to a mild degree only and the exiting L5 nerve root sheaths are not effaced.
The L4/5 annulus demonstrates broad based posterior bulge also, with slightly more prominent posterior central component that causes mild deformation of the anterior marginal thecal sac. There is no significant lateral stenosis at this level.
The L3/4 disc annulus demonstrates minimal circumferential bulge without stenosis. The L2/3 level and above demonstrates no stenosis.

Sorry for the amount of reading and I hope somone can help me to understand these results.

Jodie
jtaylor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote