View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 10:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default DuckysIntro

Hi everyone! Unfortunately I am not new to RSD. I had two episodes when I was younger. One when I was 13 and one when I was 18. I had rsd in my leg and foot, and with both occasions it came on suddenly with no injury. These episodes only lasted a few months and then went away. I am 32 yrs old and having my 3rd episode of RSD and this episode is the worst ever. My story of my 3rd episode sounds amazing and unique to everyone I tell it to including doctors. So here it goes. 6months ago I woke up with major swelling in my riight leg and ankle. And again I did nothing to cause injury. I didn't fall or get injured playing sports, nothing like that. It took 3months to get a diagnosis after seeing many doctors and getting many tests done, as I;m sure many of you are aware of. I have been going for pool pt which hasent been helping. With the amount of pain i am in daily it is very hard for me to bear weight in water let alone on land. One of my doctors has me on Lyrica but I am not noticing any improvement with that either. I have had 1 nerver block done and didnt have any luck with that either. My doc now is doing a treatment where a cathreter is inserted into your spine to have daily injections of steroids (i think) to try and reverse the rsd. He is also numbing my foot and leg and trying PT that same day to hope the PT's can work with me and my pain threshold a bit easier. But again I am not having nay results with that. My doc also wants me to take Cymbalta and to try not taking the percot. So I will see how well this goes over. Will post more later when I am feeling up to it. Can't sit in a chair for very long. I look forward to chatting with everyone. !
superduck95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote