View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 07:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Hi Heather!
Sorry to hear you've been struggling. Is your pressure worse as the day goes on or better? The dizzyness and feeling whoozy you mentioned is what I feel when I'm overdraining. Overdraining can cause huge pressure feelings, just like underdraining, if it's bad. My old shunt overdrained me to the point where my ventricles eventually collapsed, but the CT scans I had prior to that happening looked fine. CT's don't always reflect the true picture of what's going on in your head. If the pressure is coming on during the day as you move about and do your daily routine, I'd guess it may be low pressure that you have. You can try lying flat for 1-2 hours and drinking loads of water and lots of caffeine....if you feel better after doing this, it could be low pressure that you have as all of the above make low pressure headaches better. I think I'm still a bit too low at the moment although sometimes the pressure feels too high...the feelings are so similar and it's SOOOO confusing!! If it's really causing you distress, push to get it checked. Hope you start to feel better really soon!
Spiritgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote