View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 02:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default How do you manage PT and insurance?

As if I am not having enough "fun" with the knee and RSD, my husband's company has changed health insurance last month. With the old insurance, I could have, I think, 18 visits or so for PT. I also had my own insurance from my past employer up until September, so it was not really an issue. But now we are down to just my husbands insurance. Now, the new insurance is giving only $1,500.00 per year for PT. Thats it - only 1500 no matter how many issues you have with different body parts during the year. I know from going to PT that it can be up there $ for just 1 visit - alot of things are itemized for $. I am really stressing and feeling like just giving up. I just had my open debridement on my knee to get the scar tissue out to try to move the knee and regain my flex so maybe I can walk down the stairs normal and drive again. With the RSD in this knee, its a battle for every degree of bending. All the drs have stated that PT is the #1 thing I should be working on. My new therepist I found 2 weeks ago is so nice and knows about RSD - and now I find out that for all of next year I probably will only be able to see him, I'm guessing, maybe 8 times if that for all of next year? I know I can, and do, PT at home, but I feel I still need the extra help of the therepist, especially with the RSD. Paying out of our pocket is not an option. I have had to be off work since Feb of this year. My husband last year had Advance Prostrate Cancer (thank god he is ok now after surgery), and my mom who has dementia lives with us - so we have had our share of "fun stuff" and financially its really tough, like many people. But I know its mainly my fault for not being able to work, which makes me even madder at myself. I have filed for disability - but which year (if any) I am approved is up for grabs. I guess I am just being "humbug for the season"! Your thoughts and advice are most appreciated as I am getting so discouraged at this point. Thanks.

Lindkaye
lindkaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote