Thread: Prayer Request
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 10:39 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Unhappy Prayer Request

In the "I am Sad" thread, I mentioned soldier's killed on Thanksgiving Day. What a horrible day to lose a loved one.

Some of you may remember LaDonna (Earth), a Lakota/Dakota friend of mine who posted occasionally in the SSS at Braintalk. She's close with the family of one of the young men killed - his father belongs to the Standing Rock community.

I would appreciate prayers for this young man and the Standing Rock community. They already suffer from so much pain and loss in their lives.

Thanks. Here's a clip on the soldier....

Fort Berthold soldier killed in Afghanistan
Monday, November 27, 2006

Nathan Goodiron, a member of the Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara Nation of North Dakota, was killed in firefight in Afghanistan on Thanksgiving Day.

Goodiron, 25, was a North Dakota National Guardsman. His cousin, C.J. O'Berry, was wounded during the attack but is apparently doing OK.

Goodiron, who was from Mandaree on the Fort Berthold Reservation, leaves behind a wife, a young son and stepchildren. "If people had problems, they could talk to him. He’d make them feel better," Elton Spotted Horse, a friend who grew up with Goodiron, told The Minot Daily News.

Goodiron was home on the reservation during his leave in August. He was honored at the tribe's Lewis and Clark Bicentennial Signature Event.

His Father is from Standing Rock and his Mother From Fort Berthold Reservation.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote