View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 09:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ali --

How nice to hear the perspective of someone closer to DD's generation than to mine!

Yes, in many ways, DD is mature. Her friends look up to her as a leader, as did the youth pastor and youth sponsors from our church. She has always been passionate about donating time to causes that move her.

In spite of that, though, we have found things to knock heads about. She had a difficult/superior attitude during her year of "senioritis" the last year of high school. I was grateful that none of the choices that she made that I disagreed with that year put her in any danger.

I am hopeful that the time she is home, prior to going back to serve some more with MDS will be a positive time for all of us.

About the new BF -- I am hopeful that DD19 doesn't get hurt, and doesn't get too serious too fast, etc. You make a good point about a 12 y.o. dating a 16 y.o. being a more scary situation, in terms of the 12 y.o. being too "mature" for her age. I'm sorry, though, that she has been nasty to you; it is difficult to lose a friend.

~ Faith
Began receiving SSDI 11/2008
FaithS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (12-14-2008), Gazelle (12-14-2008)