View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 11:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seara View Post
But for some reason, maybe I'm in denial here I don't know, I feel as though I'm a fake.

If by the time I get to the neuro in 3 weeks, and I'm symptom free....how seriously will I be taken???

I'm so afraid they are going to tell me it's psychological. I swear to God it isn't....I know my body, I know my mind. I just don't know if I have the energy to fight for myself if this doc doesn't believe me.
Join the club. It is hard not to feel like a fake. I feel that way most days when I use the handicapped placard in my car. But I know my body's not right and hasn't been. (we won't get into my mind. That's ALWAYS been a problem area! )

IF the doc says that it could be psychological, jump on the bandwagon and say you'd be HAPPY to go through a psych analysis and/or neuropsychological testing--in addition to proper physical tests too to rule out stuff. Depression doesn't cause a lot of the sx that you're experiencing. So let the shrink analyze away. And if this doc thinks it's all in your head, DO find the energy (come back here and we'll kick your butt into shape so you do it) to go to another doc. It isn't doc shopping, it's looking for someone who listens and takes you seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplaura View Post
Definitely, and I was the same way, and fearing for the same as you.

The first neuro I saw basically said I was crazy. =\ I knew my body, and I knew things were not right!

A good neurologist is not going to dismiss it as psychological hun. They're going to do the research and investigation properly.
And the DimpledOne has a point. A good neuro isn't going to dismiss you. Testing should be done to rule out things that are physical. And sure, dealing with the ups and downs of sx such as you're having is going to have an effect on you. Let your doc try to live with sx like that for any length of time and see how he/she feels. At least you have a good doc right now who is concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seara View Post
Ok, when I fall off the truck...would someone please help me get back on it???
Sure thang! That's EASY. Have any more simple requests like that? We're good at it. It's why I like being here. Whether it's words I need to get my act together or just plain having a cyber from people who understand, this place is great for support. You can count on us to rally to your aid!
seara (12-14-2008)