View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 11:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default DdayMbb

Dr. Avery told me on this written consent form that if I had surgery before there was a 1% increase per surgery in chance of damage to phrenic nerve.In my opinion that is a STUPID statistic , and means nothing.
So that might bring my chances up to a whopping 8 %. He told me he had done 25 prior patients. He told me none of their post-surgical problems were permanent. I believe he told me of at least 2 winging scapulaes and of another phrenic nerve problem. If he had only done 25 prior to me--then what % is 3 out of 25 for winged scapula? and at least 2 out of 25 for Phrenic nerve paralysis. I believe both are higher than the % risk Avery gave me--and I bet if his records are looked into he made more errors than I list here.--Scares me that UCSF told me for neurogenic TOS cases they are sending them to Avery at CA Pacific when I called them 2 weeks ago. Also the emotionally cruelty he exhibited in the hospital and afterwards. (his wife is this sweet younger gal, who works for him on patient and office matters) She tried to cover up for him after he yelled at me in follow-up and REFUSED to refill pain meds. She called me at home and told me it was just "hard for him" when things didn't go well. What a JOKE. HARD FOR HIM---so he kicks a his patient OUT of a hospital and deprives her of PAIN RELIEF?? That is NOT the sign of a caring physician.
Please put on the sticky list....You already have his info on your other list. Thank you. Triste--my injury website is www.sonic.net/bjj Avery was my last and worst surgeon. Tho-character wise Nath and Jordan run close seconds.
No, Nath so far has not ventured into TOS surgery that I know of--he does children born with birth injuries of brachial plexus damage, muscle transfers and more--and any adult with same that he says he can help..He is a PLASTIC surgeon--who I feel has violated ethics of a physician in the way he solicits patients and more. Triste.
Triste is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote