View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 12:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Evonne-
It doesn't seem like a good time to be off all meds- when you are working and still on probation. I would try to go back to work- get a brace for your knee and take Mirapex if you have to. I don't think you are ready to apply for disability yet, from what I've read of your story. Just try to be more careful with the lifting.

When is your next appointment with the MDS? Why hasn't the EMG been scheduled yet? Did he say how long he wanted you to stay off meds? Mirapex worked great for me when I was first diagnosed and allowed me to do things I couldn't do otherwise.

I went to a prominent MDS who told me there was nothing wrong with me. He was very upsetting. I was dxed with Parkinson's about 6 years later. No, my symptoms did not appear to be Parkinson's at the time I saw the MDS, but there was something neurologically wrong. It didn't become obvious that it was Parkinson's until later when I started having difficulty getting up from a chair and developed a tremor. I took Neurontin during the time I was undxed. If the MDS does not want you taking a Parkinson's med, maybe he would prescribe Neurontin for you so that you can work.