View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

No, Melody, you are 100% right... no Italian here. I've got German, Norwegian, Polish, English, and Scottish, and a similiar mixture for my husband. My daughter's best friend is 100% Italian on one side (which makes her 50%, I guess), and they have spaghetti with their turkey. And I live in a very Italian city, if that counts for anything . I was once embarrassed to near death to find out that you don't pronounce gnochi with a hard g and a chi sound. Who ever knew it was no-key??? I can only imagine how hard they laughed every time we ordered it over the phone....lol!

I'm not sure what possessed us to try this turkey fry thing, except we had all the equipment (like a big 'flame thrower') because my husband homebrews beer. So, we thought we'd try it, and I'll never go back until my husband and son stop offering to do it.

The turkey tastes really good, and we cooked two turkeys and a breast in 2 hours and 15 minutes! Can you imagine, a 16 pound turkey in less than an hour? And...they come out very moist. And...I don't have a turkey taking up space in my oven, nor do "I" have to mess with the turkey part at all. So it is all thumbs up for me!!! If you lived closer, I'd invite you over for a taste .

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 11-27-2006 at 12:12 PM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote