View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 01:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa21 View Post
Hey yall just an update. My neuro said that the squishy thing was caused by air still being in the tubing. The headaches were a whole other story. It was got so bad over the days after I posted that I ended up in the emergency room throwing up and having a horrible headache around midnight on early Tuesday morning(tuesday made it exactly a week since I had had my distal shunt revision). Anyways, as usual they gave me meds, a ct scan and shunt series, and admitted me. I saw my neuro after I was admitted tuesday morning as he was deciding what do cause both came back fine. He decided on a ct of my chest as the xray wasn't too clear. Well the ct showed that the catheter had come out of my chest and was resting just under my skin, so the pressure was backing up causing the headaches and some swelling I had had around my collar bone at the shunt tubing track. Anyways, he fixed that on wednesday and I came home on friday. Haven't had any really bad headaches, just the lingering one from the backed up pressure that is still dispersing. Anyways, just wanted to update yall!
Yep! I had this happen to me back in 1999. I had two revisons that week. (Only because my NS didn't want me to go home with him knowing I would be back in the next few months following. He's that kind of NS. Doesn't let things go unless they are done right.

Feel better soon!
sjp_fanatic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote