View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 02:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem53 View Post
A few thoughts Evonne..First of all, good to hear from you..Second, I have been with Harley for almost 2 months taking care of her.. Ive lost about 20 lbs, that I desprerately needed to lose, and I am strong and doing very well with symptoms, and I attribute that to being active in tending to her needs during daily intervals when she cannot walk, and/or move very well..My 2 cents for what its worth..I think being a care partner is great physical excercise, as well as mentally and emotionally rewarding..Gotta be careful with the back though..Ive never moved people around before, but thank God she is only 5' 2" and lightweight..I can see where moving heavier folks around would require some expertice
Steve,

I am so sorry to hear that you and Harley have been going through so much in your lives...but I am so glad that you two are able to be together to weather these storms!

I totally relate to your weight loss...and CONGRATULATIONS on that! I have lost thirty pounds since July and I think that my choice to take control of my relationship with food and increasing my exercise really helped with the weight loss. It is so amazing how much better I feel about myself now that I have shed some extra weight...plus it was fun to go and buy some new clothes!

I really enjoy most aspects of my job. I think that the hardest part is all of the physical stuff combined with the fact that I have eight to twelve patients to take care of every night. It is very demanding and I really don't know if I can or should do it for an extended period of time. I watched my mom wear her body out and now she lives on Morphine. I don't want to wind up like that.

I hope that you and Harley have a good week ahead.

Evonne
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote