View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Gumby, I will remember that Benny has a special namesake!

Well, the housebreaking is going better. He had an accident free day on Thanksgiving and also on Saturday. He had one accident each on Friday and Sunday. But... we are running in and out about twenty (probably thirty) times a day! Can't wait until he can clearly communicate his need to go. We still need to watch for signs of sniffing and moving toward the gate...which sometimes means he is about to go and sometimes not. But, he does pee every time we take him out...even if it is just a dribble.

So, the next problem we are having is all the biting/teething! I remember this stage with our Golden, but OUCH! He is much better with me. I have clearly established my position, and I feel pretty good about that
. We are encouraging the use of his toys like crazy, but he wants to chew and bite everything! We broke down and bought some Chew-Eez. Our Golden used to love these until she started swallowing them whole, and I know in general rawhide isn't recommended due to potential for bowel obstruction. But... he can't really even chew these down, so they are working to give us a little break now and then. Whew!

He's had a couple of walks around the block, and does pretty well on leash so far. This is something I hope to keep up with so he learns to walk well on a lead. And he is up and unsupervised in the room next to me, and I don't trust him one bit with my kitchen table...so I am off!

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 11-27-2006 at 02:05 PM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote