View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 06:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallymander View Post
I've been on Lyrica for about 18 months, no side effects except not being able to find Z on my keyboard

Started out on 150mg/day but it had no effect until I was upped to 300mg.
Was up to 600mg day for most of the 18 months but now it seems my idiopathic neuropathy is starting to fade away. Have now cut back to 350mg and it's still working but I can tell it's still to early to cut it off completely.
After a pain management doctor put me on Nuerontin 100mg 3x daily and Opana 20mg 2x daily from 10mg Percocet as needed, I finally had relief from pain. However, the Nuerontin gave me hostility. I was constantly feeling anxious and angry on it. The Army then sent me to a new PM doctor and he prescribed me Lyrica. It has worked miracles. I've had about 10-15lbs weight gain and tons of swelling. I can no longer wear my wedding band. But, either be in pain or be a little fatter .

I take 150mg Lyrica 3x daily now with 10mg Opana ER 3x daily and 5mg IR as needed for BK pain. So far so good. I do notice though with Opana if I try to skip a dose because I don't hurt, I immediately feel withdrawals. I become tired, weak, diarrhea. Also, If I don't take the Lyrica I feel pain... It's a cocktail of medication the are co-dependent of one another each other for fantastic pain relief.

Good luck.
OrdnanceCorp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote