View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Keri, what exactly is the claim with regard to HiCy? Is it hoped to affect disease progression, or relapse rates, or ??

As I explained in your other thread, having a relapse (or not) doesn't mean that the disease process hasn't slowed. What I am waiting for is a drug that claims to affect the DISEASE, not just one inconvenient component of the disease. While it is nice to not have as many relapses, if I still end up in the same position/condition I would otherwise have been in 10 - 15 yrs anyway, I don't care to take a boat-load of drugs just to avoid relapses.

It may be that this drug is working in some way, but only time will tell. I do not think you can judge it's effectiveness on having a relapse though.

You've tried the biggest guns; Tysabri and HiCy . . . so how about trying a itty bitty 4.5 mg pill of LDN now . . . ?

My points are there are still other options out there, so don't get too discouraged. Also that no matter what we take, it doesn't mean we won't have ANY relapses . . . they haven't found a cure (especially for ALL aspects of this disease) as it is just too misunderstood and complex of a disease yet.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
CayoKay (12-26-2008), dmplaura (12-14-2008), ewizabeth (12-14-2008), Kitty (12-14-2008), Twinkletoes (12-14-2008)