View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I called my neuro, and he didnt call me back, but another neuro did. He asked me a bunch of questions, and he said he thought it could actually be a pinched nerve and not the MS, and that maybe I should come in tomorrow and have him or one of the other neuros check me out. (he thinks my neuro, who is older than dirt and semi-retired might be on vacation this week)

He told me to take 600mg of Ibuprofen and see if that helped any. (it did. yay! my fingers are tingling, and still hurt, but I'm not screaming while typing this)

I think I'll call them in the morning, and see if I'm lucky enough to see them this week...the neuro-on-call that I talked to said that if it's an MS thing, I could probably get steroids and an MRI.. I told him no MRI...claustrophobic, but if the pain in my hand gets any worse, I'd gladly take the 'roids.

I never thought I'd want to take steroids for anything other than paralysis or vertigo, but the pain in my arm earlier was REALLY BAD. For about four hours it was the worst pain I'd ever felt...even worse than the optic neuritis that I had in August 2006. I had carpal tunnel in the early 1990s, and the pain from that didnt even touch the pain I had earlier. I guess I'm going to be popping Ibuprofen for awhile...hope my liver can stand up to it. (or is it the kidneys that ibuprofen affects badly when you take too much?)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote