View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
If I were you, I'd ask for a rx for the pills at the same time as the antibiotics for a UTI next time. It sounds like there is a pattern here!

You have a lot of UTI's too, Erin, and I think I would be asking for a referral to a Urologist if this keeps up . . . especially if you have other signs of a neurogenic bladder. It may be that this has nothing to do with MS (if no other signs of bladder "problems"), in which case you may need to find out what else might be contributing to getting them so regularly, like diet, clothing, bathroom routines, b/f issues, etc. Infections are not something we want to have regularly, and neither are antibiotics (if they can be avoided).

Here they sell a cream PLUS suppository method for treating that type of infection, over the counter. It's slightly messier, but it works well enough and is really not that inconvenient. At least that way you wouldn't NEED to visit/call a doctor's office on a Sunday (or wait for an appointment on Monday).

I have left yeast infections for several days actually, so the good news is that it is not really an "emergency" from an MS perspective (unlike most other infections we get).

Cherie
I'm pretty sure this was all caused by a boyfriend issue We went out a day or so before the UTI symptoms started, and I'm pretty sure I know what we did that triggered it. I have to talk to him about that. We're hopefully figuring out what sets off my UTI's and yeast infections. It almost always happens after we've been together. (ahh...the joys of finally having a sex life...

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote