View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 08:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My Daughter's getting married today!

I am so excited for my little girl. Her new husband is so wonderful. He really adores her and I know that they are going to be so happy together. She has ADD and he knows just how to work with her. He is very patient and kind with her. He never puts her down when she is being impulsive.

The weather here is the coldest it has been in 20 years and my RSD is spiking in pain. I have had to take extra meds the past few days and since I am home for a couple of days from work I am trying to take less. Going to bed is an option for pain when I am not working. Well I am sitting here this morning and my daughter wants me to be with her all day to do her hair appointments etc. Her best friend got the flu and can't take her. I want to be there for her but I am frozen with the RSD pain. I think I can only do the actual wedding time period and be able to make it.

I went out and bought a cheap pair of shoes to wear to the wedding. I have RSD in the left leg so shoes are not so comfortable for me. I did find a second pair of shoes as well to wear everyday. They are called Cloud 9 shoes and come in wider widths with stretchy tops to them so they will work for the offending foot. I thought I would mention the brand because I am sure others have the same deal going on. The shoes were only 20.00. I got them at a store called the Avenue. They are online.

Well back to the wedding. I am up taking meds and gearing up for my day. I have to cut my husbands hair, son's hair, and my cousins if I hold up. Than pick up the flowers and take them to the wedding. I have to drive an hour to get there and it is very icy out. I am going to have hubby drive and I am going to take a few blankets to have on my leg. I am going to give this my all to get through today with no complaints and focus on my baby. RSD is so crappy.

Have any of you ever worked a plan with your pain dr. to get a shot a few times in a month when the pain is high. I was told by a friend who is a PT that some people have had a plan like that. I was so close to going to the ER room the other day for pain to get a pain shot but didn't want to hassle with the ER dr. just thinking I am there for drugs. Once they find out you are taking heavy meds already they just put you in the drug seeking catagory. I am going to meet my pain dr. next week and bring this up at my appointment.

Well thanks for sharing in my special day. I know I am going to cry tears of joy. You are all my family here even though I dont' post much I read the forum and use it to help me in my everyday life. --vanity (jo)
vanityfaire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (12-15-2008), loretta jewell (12-17-2008)