View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
No. Clothing cannot trigger L'Hermittes.

As mentioned earlier: L'Hermittes happens when you bend your head down. The sensations can last just seconds but your able to repeat it everytime you bend your head.

In my case: I have had L'Hermittes as a permanent symptom since 1986 when I was dx'd. I get vibrations/buzzing from mid spine down and can repeat the sensation whenever I bend my head.

Here is some information about L'Hermittes:

http://www.themcfox.com/multiple-sclerosis/ms-symptoms/lhermittes-sign.htm

After talking to a neurologist on the phone last night because my arm hurt so much, I think he was right in saying that it could be a pinched nerve.

Only reason I was wondering if it was L'hermittes, is because my layers of jackets I was wearing last night were heavy, and were pressing on the back of my neck...kind of pushing my head forward some. (it's COLD here this week...it's -3 degrees right now! eek!)

Hopefully I can get an appointment for the neuro sometime this week. I just woke up, and my arm is hurting again, just not as bad as last night. (the Ibuprofen must have worn off) I want to have them check it out, just in case it's an MS thing.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote