View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 02:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you

I mistakenly wrote that I was going to see a "meg" on Saturday. I'm not sure where that came from. What I meant was that I'm going to see a pschyciatrist to get on antidepressants.

What is everyone's experience with antidepressants? Which one do you think is the best and how long do they take to work?

I'm definately going to try bananas. I usually make smoothies everyday because they are easier to eat. But again, I've lost my whole sense of self, what to do and how to make all the tiny decisions one needs to make it through the day. Thanks for reminding me.

Regarding steroids, my neuro started me on 60mg and after about 1 month I just went bananas. From reading all of the post, I think maybe starting at a very low dose and working my way up in milligrams instead of down sounds way more ideal.

For Erin - I have not tried plasma exchange yet, but the good news is I just found out that I may be getting IVIG again. This time I'm going to make it a priority to stay on top of the insurance company and Dr.s offices to make sure my referals go through. I'm sooo sorry to hear you lost your home, but knowing that you had made it through the same thing (mg, losing home, etc) at the same time and can now smile is a HUGE inspiration. I also just found out after a very long battle that I qualify for social security.

For MissyGirl - Most of my problems are from the neck up. I did test positive for MuSK antibodies, but I'm not really sure what that means.

Again, thank you all so much. Your advice is really helping
miachris2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote