View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 03:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hello again!

Hey there! I cannot believe they started you @ 60 mgs! 60 mgs! I was started @ 10 mgs and it doubled while I was in the ICU.

For a while there, I was @ 80 mgs, talk about manic!!!! I was all over the place! My poor family! They took the brunt of my anger - typical......

I have found that 10 mgs of Paxil has really helped me out.....when I was in the hospital the time before last, I had to have the plasma exchange and I think I suffered a small "break"! My fear of needles is a full blown phobia and the thought of the garden hose in my neck just made me snap! I yelled @ everyone for 3 days until my nurses suggested Paxil.........my neuro does not like to give me any additional meds, but I guess he could really tell I needed it!

I think it is great that you are going to see a therapist. Having this darn disease is really hard! I know I have my good/bad days and just cry on my bad ones (and eat lots of chocolate).........I do not like regular bananas, but for me baby bananas are the trick - and lots and lots of dark chocolate!

I am down to 3 mestinon a day - from 7-8 a day before!!! I think it is fabulous!

I hope you get your IV IG soon! I bet you'll feel great after it!

Thank goodness you qualified for SS!!!! I bet that will make all the difference in the world!

Hang in there! I know how rough it can be, but you have truly found the right place for support!!!

Erin