Thread: Cool stuff
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 01:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Are you kidding? Medicare is worthless and useless, and Medicaid is only a little better. Medicare will buy you a power chair, full stop, end of story. Medicaid at least will provide home health aides for those with a chronic illness, which Medicare won't do. Medicare "home health care" is targeted for those with acute health issues, from which they are expected to at least partially recover. Those with an illness from which they will never recover are on their own, or have to go into nursing homes.

There's a dealer for the multi lift close to where I live, so I called them. They're coming to my place tomorrow. I should get a cost low-down then.

I called Flexiciser in CA. It costs $3500, and is not yet covered by Medicare (what a surprise ) though they're working on it. If you want more info on it you can e-mail Andrea at andrea@flexiciser.com I told her that you were interested and might be in touch, so she'll know who you are. PM me if you want her phone#. BTW, this device is particularly recommended for MSers.

Chris
Chris66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote