View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 04:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Hey Kathy!

Don't you just want to smack peole when they ask "What happened to you" or "You used to be so thin"? I really want to whop them! I know that sounds awful, but give me a break! I would never walk up to ANYONE and say that!

My gram had her heart transplant way back in 87 and she was on MASSIVE steroids - poor thing! She was TINY - you know the whole 18 in waist thing - and the first time I saw her after that I was shocked! I mean she was beautiful, but her little face was so round and full! It just made me so sad! She eventually went back to normal, but people would stare @ her too and it just made me flip out! THese people had no idea what she'd been through, yet they'd stare @ her like she was blind or something - - - -maybe I WILL get that shirt! Rude - maybe - important - definitely!!!!

Do you think that would be too tacky?

How are you doing?

Erin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scots Kat View Post
Hi Miachris2,
I'm so sorry you feel so poorly at this time of year! I remember last year I was really low and it stinks to feel rotten when everyone else is happy. I cried everyday in December and January last year. I was really weak and was so frustrated with feeling sick and helpless all the time. I was started on Azathioprine and steroids and eventually things turned around for me. Now I just have to put up with the annoying side effects of the steriods (I agree with Erin - everyone just thinks I've "let myself go").

Anyways, so you asked for some tips - my savior is bananas. Honestly - it sounds silly, but I feel way weaker when I don't eat a couple a day. Massage helps me as well - it doesn't have to be professional either, I find any pressure seems to help my muscles feel more "alive". Good luck with everything and keep us posted.

Take care!
~Kathy