Thread: Botox!
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 06:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Arrow Hi guys...I'm from thoracic outlet syndrome board

Hi all my name is victoria and I had botox on the 10th of Dec. My neuro and I came to the decision together. I have tried everything for my migraines and I am (was I hope) getting 14-20 a month they were BAD!!!

I had 2 vials of botox as I also had it injected into my trigger points in my back neck shoulder and head. I had all the classic botox migraine shots in the forehead, back of neck, side of head and brow area even in the jaw! I now have no movement in my brow. It's weird!! I lift my eyebrows and that's all that moves no more muscles above there moving..those would be main culprits of migraine(corragator SP?) muscles. That's why they inject there. So far I am having less muscle spasms in my back and neck where most of my pain originates. (I lifted a patient up from a toilet and wrecked my back neck and shoulder I am an RN or was have not worked since accident nov 2002)

I have great hope in this treatment and there are lots of studies to say that it is very effective if DONE PROPERLY by your physicain. Having said that not all doctors are the same and not all people have the same problems so what works for some may not work for others!

I hope some of my insights have helped you.

take care and good luck to those who try it....they say it takes a full 3 weeks before you can get the full effect of the botox.

love and hugs,
Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (12-15-2008), pono (12-17-2008)