View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 06:56 PM
mommywms

mommywms

Default is there anyone here with crohn's?? warning long post!!!

I have a few questions..
Im not dx yet,but my gastro surgen suspects crohn's..

It all started probably 6 months ago,when I was having severe diearrha,non stop no matter what I ate or didnt eat.

I brought it to my pcp attention..
she did a whole line of blood work,stool samples,that all came back normal.

Soo she set me up with the surgen..

I went to see him,set up a appointment for a colonoscopy,which was cancled..

Heres why,The day I was suppose to do the preop,I was in the er with severe pain,worse than child birh pain!!!

was givin morphine,and had a ultrasound done of my gallbladder.
That came back that it was imflamed alot!!

Was sent to my gastro dr for the next day,he made the appoiintment for the gallbladder removal that was done on the november 20th.

after he did the surgery he told my DH that I had several stones,all different sizes.

Soo,when I went back to get my staples removed from the surgery,he said that he really wants to go ahead with the colonoscopy,cause this attack with my gallbladder was not the reason for the diearrha!!

okay,soo,i decided to wait till after the holidays,mainly cause im not completely healed from the surgery,and it messed with my ms alil..

He said that he suspects crohns,and ( i already knew this) that its not too uncommon for a person with one autoimmune disease to have more..

My sx are profound diearrha (bathroom visits anywhere around 20 to 30 times a day),cramping with most of the bowel movments,i have lil to no warning when I have to have a bowel movement,nausea,acid reflex.

I havent noticed any blood,I dont think anyways,my stool sample didnt show any. BUt that was done probably 4 months ago too.

I have done some searching,and have came up with ppl with crohns has a higher chance of having gallbladder problems.

Soo was this attack a warning that something major was going on??
Does my sx match crohns like my dr said?

I have been trough the dx process once with ms,soo I know the drill..

any advise welcome,
aly
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote