Thread: Otto
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Thank you ((Dottie and Mrs. Moi)).

Dottie, I don't know if he's peeing and pooping on his own yet and I guess I haven't noticed the tail wagging. I would think that would catch my attention. I'll watch for that tomorrow when we go visit.

I think it is you that's followed the story of Telly from HUA? I know I read her blog faithfully for awhile and her tale of difficulty expressing his urine at first...until her vet showed her again and it just clicked.

I know they'll have to get a crate for sure!

But I think the kids just aren't prepared for those what ifs, sigh. My daughter today kept asking me, "Will he be alright Mom? I want my Otto back." Most especially my SIL is not prepared for the what ifs. He loves animals, I know, but probably not to the ultimate extreme that my daughter and I do.

I've done some checking online on those carts and holy cow Martha...they average $300. I'm hoping that HUA may be able to help with finding one. I like the idea of the wagon, thanks for that!

My kid's house is an obstacle course a majority of the time with my 3-yr-old grandson there! And they don't live in a gigantic house (like Telly does). So I'm already seeing what a challenge a cart would be inside.

There are so many success stories I know of with these doxie surgeries and also those not so successful. I have to keep hoping and praying for the best and most speedy recovery.

It was so nice to hear about the other doxie that had the exact same surgery the day before Otto. She is 4 years old as well, but she is a standard. Otto is a mini, and I mean mini! He was the runt of his mini group, lol. Anyway, she has already had a deep pain response so I'm so hoping that will be the case with Otto.

Tomorrow I'll ask them if he has any bladder functioning yet.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jaded2nite (12-15-2008), mistiis (12-16-2008)