View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 09:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks mrsD

Your very helpful reply set off an afternoon of furious research. I'll continue with my current supplements, and add extra vitamin E (mixed tochopherals), SAMe, and especially three or more cups of green tea a day. I already take NAC and many of the other supplements mentioned in the articles.

Various articles on prostatitis mention that inflammation tends to recur when the Cipro is discontinued. I'll finish the course of Cipro, but put extra effort into reducing inflamation and fighting infection body-wide. I'll also go back to using the Rebuilder to reduce the current symptoms and stimulate healing.
The green tea reminds me of a story that illustrates the danger in overdoing otherwise healthy things.

Years ago I worked as a teacher at the Rincon Indian reservation near our house in the back country of San Diego. The father of one of my students had a bad cold. He also had a job interview the next day, and desperately needed that job. Wanting to make a good impression at the interview and not trusting western medicine, he went to the tribal healer who told him to drink a large amount of tea made from several healing herbs gathered locally.

The fellow drank and drank and drank late into the night. Unfortunately, he was found dead the next morning.

He had drowned in his tea pee.