Thread: NARCOMS Study
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 09:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi tkrik,
I rec'd mine today. It says spouse or friend. They want to test your DNA and do a complete genetic workup of YOU. It is costly, but not to you or the control person you select to send a sample in too. You don't have to send more than yours if you don't want to. They would just like it. They get control blood that way. Helpful to them.

This person should not have MS. Only you, relatives not allowed the DNA is too close. They will match the two of you, up all the way in your DNA code, for anything that pops out of your MS being in any way genetic. Like maybe a relative of yours on either side Maternal or Paternal had MS and can be linked to your DNA being passed down. That could be even in the 1800's or longer. Your heritage will be in the test.

They send you a free blood draw coupon and shipping for the any lab that you want. Then it is shipped in a Federal Express box to them. Again no cost to you. I plan on doing it. You can be on any med. It does not matter. It is private, but we will not know our own results. Darn it!

I assume the NARCOMS study will print it in their booklet eventually. Just the results.
Lady
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (12-15-2008), Twinkletoes (12-16-2008)