View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 02:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default So Sorry

Peggy,

I feel so much empathy for you. I think neck pain such as you are describing is one of the worst types of pain that can happen to a human. What I have found, for me, is that one of the only things that helps when this happens - and it's something I learned from my last physical terrorist - is to use moist heat on the upper back while icing the neck at the same time.

So take your meds, get situated in a quiet, darkened room, put some calming music on and just try to drift for 20 minutes or so. If you can, concentrate on body parts that don't hurt. Your big toe, perhaps? Sleep if you can; eventually, the inflamed angry nerves causing you this havoc will settle down.

A company called Chattanooga makes the best hydrocollators I've ever found - you can buy them in most large drug store chains I think, and they come in cervical and larger shapes, both in hot and cold models. If you can't find the terrycloth covers, just use towels. These things are lifesavers, really - I call them my "woobies"....

Here's hoping you start to feel better soon. I know you're hurting, Peggy. Gentle stretches after a warm shower are good if you're up to it but please, please take it easy. Be good to yourself and know that this too shall pass!

Alison
Sea Pines 50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote