View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 11:08 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Dont Stop!

Hi David,
Sorry about the infection.... but would recommend not stopping anti-biotic mid-treatment - can cause C-Difficile if you dont complete the round of them - which is much much worse and requires mega anti-biotics to fight... I had Cipro 9 years ago for about 5 days for food poisioning it turned out tests showed I didnt have... since I was having such bad side affects the docs told me to stop the mediciine, I did, got C-Difficile, and was extremely sick for next six months and on both Oral Vacomycin and Flagyl for the time, and in out and of the hopsital... my nerves died during that time period, and my stomach has never recovered, been 9 years now since solid food from the damage done by the anti-biotics (and probably infection they caused)... Also, makes you much more suseptible to future infection, I've have C-Difficile again for the past several months and its not responding to treatment nor was I exposed to in the hospital nor was I on antibiotics (which is how one usually gets it) - so we dont even know where it came from...... maybe they could put you on a differerent anti-b for the rest of the treatment? That might help stop chance of C-Diff?

May your tee pea stay dry!
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote