View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 08:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Been in hell, took me time to find my way here.

Hi all............Just found my way back here. It's been a hell of a summer.
My husband assaulted me at our pool complex in July, with lots of witness's.

He hit me in the head with a beer bottle, then my chair went over and I hit my head on the cement.

To make a long story short. He was arrested, let out. He had his pre-trial, but didn't bother to get a lawyer or public defender, so it was post poned until this coming Tuesday.

There is an Order of Protection in place by the judge when he was arrested which is only good until this is over, plus I filed my own against him, it is good for 1 year. This isn't the first time, he has 2 prior's from when we lived back East. I got the paperwork to bring to court on those. They have my medical reports from the first time court was supposed to be.

I am going to a Woman's Center seeing a case manager, learning a lot about abusive relationships, and getting support.

I have post-concussion syndrome, headaches, dizzy, fatigue, unable to concentrate, memory loss short term, you have to look it up, can't explain it all. Been to the ER right afterwards and my hardware (plate and screws from 2 level fusion) in my c-spine looked in tact as far as an X-ray, plus they did a Cat Scan of my head.

Now I have to go back again to my PCP on Monday for stronger pain meds, and she has ordered a MRI of my HEAD and NECK.

I don't know if he will get jail time, it may be reduced jail time, and a monitering program, and some class's that are really a joke, because abusers are masters of manipulation and pass with flying colors. He has already been to class's back East for Anger mgmt that the court ordered, obiviosly it did no good, he was on probation for a year at that time.

My mom is doing well. She has a check on the other artery in Oct.
It's been one hell of a year and then this. I am trying to cope as best as I can. I will never go back to him now, they don't change, only 2% I learned.

So here I am, have to catch up with everyone.

Hugs, Nikko.....