View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 07:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ive found that nothing works better for me than balanced meds and exercise, with a minimum amount of stress..Exercise is a major contribution to getting my symptoms, gait etc under control, which is wny I have not completely retired from commercial fishing..Ive discovered that the more body strength I can muster up, the better I can manage symptoms..I went through a period where I went into the "retirement" mode..I didnt go out of my way to push myself, and rested on my laurels so to speak, and my symptoms progressed, and that caused me to indulge in less strenuous activity, because I thought I simply had to accept the fact that I was getting worse, and that was that..This year I went back to digging shellfish, one of the most physically challenging methods of commercial fishing..It took a while to get in shape..it took about 6 months..but I have never since my dx in 2004 felt better, or walked more normally

Having a back problem certainly can compound getting enough exercise..I hope the physical therapy helps..And being rid of stress is a must..Stress brings me down every time I let it get the best of me

Meds:..

Sinemet CR 50/200 x 3

7 am, 12 pm, 5 pm

Mirapex .5 x 2

7 am, 12 pm

Best of luck Howard
ScottSuff (01-01-2015)