View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 05:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default This Burns Me Up!!! (Kinda Long)

So I go see a new Neuro today. I still see my regular doc but she wanted me to go see this guy because of my MS. Well he seemed nice enough and smart enough but at the same time clueless. At least when it came to RSD. Bring up MS and I'm sure he could write books about it. So we chat for about 30 minutes with me explaining all of my symptoms and all and talking about all of my severe pain and what have you. Than he starts the exam. Now we all know how sensitive our skin is. Wind blowing hurts. Loud noises hurt. In general air hurts!!! So he takes out his hammer, tuning fork and a long sharp pointy thing. He taps the tuning fork a multitude of times and holds it up to my ears, face, jaw, etc. Than comes the hammer. Litterally I felt like a piece or meat. Getting the crap pounded out of me in preparation for the grill. YOW!!! In the meantime I said to him - PLEASE BE CAREFUL!! WHAT???? he says like he's talking over a chainsaw or loud stereo or something. Oh he heard me all right. Than he proceeds to poke the living crap out of me everywhere including my neck and back with this pointy thing. And than he jabs the bottoms of my feet. I thought I would cry it hurt so bad.

Now if any of you have ever dealt with neuropathy, it is the most painful gut wrenching feeling. Imagine walking all the time on very hot cut glass in your bare feet. Not for real but that is the sensation. And it never goes away.

So after all is said and done we go back to his office and sit. We talk about the MS. Now I know that I have to have my implant removed before I can have anymore tests done. Simply becasue I will need a MRI and Spinal Tap and I cannot currently have them done. But than he says to me. I am a little perplexed. Mark, MS is not painful at all you know. I said yes I no that. But remember - I have RSD and neuropathy also. They mask other problems and you have to look beyond them. He said OH!! I couldn't believe it.

The big one for me was when he said maybe I ought to see a counselor. Dang it. They just cannot accept that a person can live with this and not be running to a counselor everyday. I felt offended that he even wasted my time. Not that he suggested a counselor. But simply that I felt he should have been more up on his game and better prepared. I got the feeling that he wasn't very familiar with RSD or Neuropathy. I guess that goes to show many are still in the dark ages. Well that is it for me for now. I am so sore from all of his theatrics today. I am going to bed earlier tonight. Oh - and today I was diagnosed with RLS - Restless Leg Syndrome on top of everything else. So I just added Requip to my cocktail.

Take care all. Chin Up!!

Mark

"MY MOMMA SAID THERE'D BE DAYS LIKE THIS!!!
ATallOne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote