View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Kitty, I agree with Twinkletoes, in NO way are you being a "big baby". I am so sorry that you and others have to go through all of this alone, I can't imagine how scary it is not having anyone there to help you that much.

I know I don't have MS (although RSD is pretty similar) but I am SO lucky to have my mum here to help and support me. It makes the world of difference to me. If it wasn't for her, I would probably not have been diagnosed yet and I don't know how I would have made it through the past few months without her. My dad doesn't understand RSD and the fact that I keep falling and it's very frustrating if I am in the house with him and I don't feel well and in a lot of pain as he just tells me to stop being moody and that i'm just being a typical teenager. He doesn't understand how painful RSD is and how it makes you really fatigued and is always telling me that if I "just got out more", I would feel better.

I often sit here and think how lucky I am to have my mum. If it was just me and my dad, well, I don't know if he would have been able to cope. He wont go to the hospital with me (he's been twice in the last 21 months) and it really frustrates me. My mum is also worried and keeps asking and begging him to come to the hospital but he wont, he say's he can't stand hospitals as they make him feel sick!! My mums asked him several times what he would do if anything happened to her and he just say's he doesn't know and that he will have to cope somehow. I just wish he would get his act in gear and start understanding more as it really frustrates me and my mum.

I really feel for all of you that have no one to look after you and support you. I honestly don't know how you cope and wish I could help you in some way. I often sit here also worrying about the future and how I would be able to cope if my mum wasn't here. It's a really scary thought being alone and I can't imagine how you all feel .

This is a really interesting thread, Kitty, thank you for bringing it up!
Bets (12-16-2008), ewizabeth (12-16-2008), Gazelle (12-16-2008), Ivy2 (12-16-2008), Kitty (12-16-2008), Koala77 (12-16-2008), SallyC (12-16-2008), tkrik (12-16-2008), Twinkletoes (12-17-2008), Vonn07 (12-16-2008), weegot5kiz (12-17-2008), who moi (12-16-2008)