View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 07:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrex View Post

Have you noticed that the talking heads who were so visible prior to Tysabri's re-approval have disappeared? Maybe, once there was no chance of queering the re-approval, the hired guns lost interest in the "safety profile" of Tysabri? You seem to be the last guy carrying the banner.
I'm guessing the reason some of them aren't around anymore is because there isn't too much say about whether Tysabri is going to get re-approved. I stated from the very beginning, after the drug was originally pulled, that the FDA would re-approve the drug because there is simply too much money at issue here.

Exactly the same thing happened over on the ThisIsMs forum after Tysabri got its original approval...only in the opposite way. A few other people and I continually stated at that time that Tysabri was a potentially dangerous drug and that a great deal of caution had to be followed when using it. I can't count the number of times some readers called us "Tysabri bashers, fear mongers and hidden agenda people over the course of about 4 months. And then, out of the blue, Biogen pulled the drug after PML showed up. All of a sudden these people disappeared and the name calling stopped...wonder why?

And I somehow doubt that we have heard the end of the problems with Tysabri. This drug plays with the immune system too much and there is simply too much unknown about it at this time.

Quote:
Don't forget the gushingly negative comments of competing Big Pharmas.
Won't disagree with you on that one...but in the Big Pharma business, these competitors are ruthless when it comes to bashing one another. Not surprising when billions of dollars are on the line!!!

Quote:
IMO, the efficacy and safety of Tysabri is no less than its competitors, and its potential to provide relief is far greater. I think the number of patients already enrolled is a testament to their confidence.
Afraid I can't agree with you on the safety of Tysabri at this time....even Biogen admits they don't know any long term effects on the drug. As for the efficacy, it really doesn't take much to beat the record of the CRABs, does it?

Harry
Harry Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote