View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 10:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Traci and Welcome!

I'm so sorry you have RSD. I've had it is '96 following surgery but didn't get a 'wrong'diagnosis till 2000 ," well what do you know, RA" but no rheumotoid factor in blood. That doesn't make sense, so I fly a few states away to sports injury Doc, 'ortho' and he says RSD in 1 minute followed by positive testing. It's wonderful you found this site, full of loving compassionate friends, lots of knowledge and understanding going on here.

We have a couple who have HBO in their home and are doing quite well with the treatment. I have talked with Diana A and was very encouragedd. Asked my Dr. about the treatment and he is very enthusiastic about it. currently building two clinics and putting in hospital grade HBO. He is a Neurologist, Pharmacologist, and Psychiatrist. I've been going to him for about 5 years now and have lowered pain level, no depression, and no spasms, electric jolts, jerks, etc that I has having dailey. Cymbalta 60 mg. is only anti-dep. I take. WAs on 2 double and thriple dosed antii-dep. before. Was on 3200 mg. ofNeurotin and now take 100 Lyrica. Vicodin for pain . I'm not saying I have really bad days, but am doing better. Last couple weeks were the worst in my 12 years. Have blisters for the first time, big ones.Thank you for the picture idea, and of course journeling. I have full body, generalized plus trigimenal nerve on left side, plus fibromyalgia.

Do you have a support group in town? or someone to talk to in your area? You are welcome to PM anytime. Have you had any spreading? I haven't had surgery since my initial breast biopsy that caused left arm swelling, followed up with left frozen shoulder and 100 PT and massage therapy, followed up by right frozen shoulder and more PT. I have found massage therapy to be very helpful, plus other distractions like scented candles, music, petting my kitty, reading, writing cards and phone calls to others that are alone, elderly, chronic pain, etc. My Dr. is wonderful and see him once a month, pain management. I try to stretch dailey and meditate. Spritituality is important to me. My husband is very supportive and we have a daughter that is knowledgeable and supportive.
I used to dwell on all the things we used to do as a family, Our daughter and I traveled a lot too, and also our son-in-law. Haven't given up hope on that.

Please know we all care and are so happy to see you with us. 'not too long for me' Loretta Jewell
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote