View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 11:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Superduck95!

I guess I punched the wrong button too early. Anyway, welcome to NeuroTalk. You'll find so much comfort and encouragement on this forum. So many wonderful, encouraging friends and knowledgeable, caring, sympathetic and understanding friends. It's good the 3rd time around you got a diagnosis. It was my 3rd time around too, the first 2 'spells' were from surgery and the third was from water skiing on my left hand. Misdiagnosed and didn't get pt soon enough, so have a claw for a hand, but at least can cut my food, and put on clothes. I also found warm water therapy in a pool wonderful. We have a heated pool and I spend a lot of time in it, especially in the summer. swimming helps so much to keep from freezing up. I have full body. 32 is young. Hopefully you can get it under control. I believe the first two times I had so much pt and massage therapy was responsible for getting the use of my arms back and also touch therapy allowed me to get use of my limbs without being sensitive to touch. At the stage I'm at now, I have a lot of skin lesions, and now blisters. I'm checking into HBOT. My Dr. will have the first two units in my state 'out of hospital' His are hospital grade. Now, hoping my insurance will cover this treatment.

Percocet, I know you are in a lot of pain. The Cymbalta helped me, So did the Lyrica, but now am going down on mg. of Lyrica to 100................ Do you have blood pressure issues? Many do because RSD is a autotomic disorder, affecting involuntary organs I have both high and low blood pressure. High is the sympathetic nervous system and low is the parasympathetic nervous system.

Hope the best for you and don't give up. You'll hear from a lot of friends from here. May be a bit slow because of time of year, but it will pick up. Take care, Loretta Jewell
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote