View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 05:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Crazy Update

Thanks for your input - I really appreciate it. My PCP referral gal is working on this still, but says my next stop has to be Loma Linda Univ Med Center. While that's a VERY reputable hospital, I'm still not sure if there's a TOS-worthy doc there.

I have a feeling that, if I do require surgery, I'll need more than one 'cuz the symptoms on the right are getting pretty significant too now (started on left). Also, my left arm is losing blood flow at lower and lower positions - even holding my arm (lightly) against my chest, elbow down, with my hand on my face to put on lipstick or whatever. And the veins in that arm are starting to actually bulge a little. The nerve pain is "lovely" too (not!), as I'm sure you know.

Naturally, I'm getting anxious for this process to move along! I don't want to end up in some emergency situation with PE/blood clot/stroke or something and at the mercy of a doc in my closest ER.

I hope they figure it out - just waiting to hear - and waiting - and waiting. I wonder how many docs I'll have to consult with (at the insurance's expense) before they'll agree to send me to the RIGHT one!
o2bponca is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote