View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Just some info on what I've been able to find out about long term or longer term success with Ketamine.

My doctor has been looking into this but is extremely concerned about the fact that the doctors he has talked to tell him him that the long term success they are finding is among the age groups younger than 25 who are still (luckily for them) in the acute stages of RSD. Now I'm not saying that those of us older won't have or don't have success... I'm just relaying what my doctor has found out. I don't understand why these results aren't readily available or why we mainly only hear of the successes and not the failure or lack of success of this treatment.

My thought along with my doctor's is... this is a lot of money to spend for what he calls a less than 50-50 shot at it working for someone who's over 25... I know there are no guarantee's in medicine but ideally, I'd like a little more research and a little more success with this treatment before I can think of shelling out the 27 to 50 thousand plus on this. (By no means to I have this kind of money.... but if this were my last hope and there were greater numbers of success... I'd beg and borrow to have this done....those are the $$ amounts my doctor has been quoted by the doctors here and in Germany.)

I have to add that I am extremely happy that this treatment does have success for some!!! I wouldn't wish this monster on my worst enemy!!!

Last edited by Abbie; 11-27-2006 at 09:28 PM. Reason: poor grammer...fixed somewhat.
Abbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote