View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 08:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Pseudocyst?

Thank you jadiee-x and Melissa21 for responding to my questions. Three or four months ago I had a fair amount of pain in the area of my shunt on the R. side of my peritoneum a couple of inches below my scar. It caused me much nausea. After about 1 week the pain totally subsided but I have been left with frequent nausea every day from when I wake up in the morning (more severe) and throughout the day. I have a hard 2 inch long pencilwide mass a couple of inches below the incision site. It doesn't cause me pain but when I press on it I become severely nauseated. My CT Brain scan of a couple weeks ago shows the shunt working well with essentially no change from the original placement 3 years ago. I am not sure what the mass is. It could be a fat pad or something else. I have an appt. with my Neurosurgeon Fri. And will let you know what was said. I do know that as long as there isn't any pain I don't want to be sliced up any more. I've had 7 surgeries since 2002 including a Craniotomy and I am frustrated and fed up with the whole thing. I would like to go back to work (I am a Registered Respiratory Therapist) but my Neurosurgeon and Neuropsychologist have ganged up on me and won't let me work anymore. The whole thing is surreal. Magnru
magnru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote