View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 08:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lindy

I like that - "unstick your and mind." This makes for a good analogy - our thermostats do get often stuck, and the only way to "unstick" them is to change it manually (yourself). That isn't to say that you don't do everything without help.

I was rememberiing so many others who were here contributing so much 8 years ago. (When I say "here," I mean the original Braintalk Communities. For those of you who do not know the history, Something happened there. I don't know what, but its administrator and our friend (he even visited me in Tennessee), John Lester, changed jobs from MGH (Massachusetts General Hospital), but tried to keep the forums running on his own. Old posts were lost and John seemed to drop off the face of the earth.

For weeks (maybe even months), the forums were down with little or no explanation. Numerous attemps were made to contact John or anyone at MGH - all to no avail.Then Doc John came to the rescure with what was called Braintalk 2 - orginally started to fill in for the original until it came back online. The wait got longer and longer, so this site was started (actually Braintalk 2 which we renamed Neurotalk.)

Anyway, that's the history behind where and why we are on this forum. But last night I thought about more voices from the past who h elped me so much: Toad - his greatest drawing card was his PLWP journal. He could be funny and serious at the same time, but you went away from a talk with him so motivated.

(Forgive me if I miss people - I am trying to remember just the original or charter members.) Paula (lil),Jaye, Greg and AJ, harley,tena (lavenderlou), ronhuton and (I think) Carolyn & indigogo (carey) were in the old Braintalk and still post here. pwinkle - the creative one who opened her home in Kentucky to so many times for PLWP. Toadie from New York posted such thought-provoking topics, Chris Oshcosch (?sp) from Canada, Patti from KY, and others. Where are they now - what are they doing besides advancing with their PD?

One thing I want all of you to know is this: no matter what your problem, I am still in the business of helping othes - you can contact me any time. Use t he personal message feature here, and I will respond. Hugs and prayers to all
Peg
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote