View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Oh BJ!!

Hello BJ!!

Oh my goodness, how dare this happen to you!!!!!!

Please know that I too join SOOOOO many others who are thinking of you and praying for a full and healthy recovery. Remember to gently remind yourself that this is a temporary situation and you will heal from your injuries. As you know positive thinking makes our spirit stronger and doesn't allow the negative bugs to hang around too long ~'.'~

A few simple remedies that may help with the medication induced nausea...

Don't take it on an empty stomach.
Sipping room temperature ginger ale.
Hot tea of ginger or peppermint.
The B vitamins help also.
Munchng on dry crackers.
Avoid dairy or spicy foods.

The homeopathic remedy of Arnica pellets taken under the tongue every few hours may be helpful with the pain and swelling of your knee as well as your other injuries. It is also safe to take if you are on other meds.

Is there someone who is helping you with food and so forth? If not, perhaps the nurse could recommend someone?

Please take all of our hugs and wrap them around you as you go through this bumpy journey. You are never alone as there is always someone thinking of you and sending you their love and spiritual support......... ~'.'~

Many hugs and well wishes coming your way..... always and always!!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
I've been taking the pain meds every 4 hrs like they told me now but it's just not taking the edge off. The nurse came yesterday and changed the bandage and rewarapped it. I can't use the CPM machine with the brace on and it's unbearable to use the machine. She called the surgeon while she was here and he said to hold off on the CPM machine until they get the pain under control but keep using the ice machine. I gave it another 24 hrs and I called and they're going to send something stronger this afternoon which he said will probably knock me out but I need some rest.

This is why I'm in so much pain. The nurse took these pictures for me yesterday before she rewrapped it. You can see the 'yes' where they knew they had the right knee. I told her I was surprised it wasn't more black and blue and she said oh it will in time. The second one is the area where I'm having so much pain.

Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (12-17-2008), BJ (12-19-2008), Doody (12-17-2008), mistiis (12-17-2008), Nik-key (12-17-2008), who moi (12-17-2008)