Thread: Crps????
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hello and Welcome to Neurotalk - I am so very sorry to hear about everything that you have and are still going through . I really hope that things get better for you soon and that you can start a treatment that takes away your pain and symptoms.

Some of the symptoms you described sound like CRPS/RSD however they could be any illness and it doesn't mean that you do have CRPS. I have CRPS type 1 in my left leg and right arm, I developed it when I was 12 years old after an ankle sprain and I am now 13.

The main symptoms of RSD are:

Burning pain
Allodynia (hypersenstivity)
Muscle Spasms (Dystonia's, Myoclonus etc)
Hair and nail changes
Colour and temperature changes
Swelling
Osteoperosis (this usually develops after years of RSD)
Lesions
Depression

I was told by my Pain Management Doctor that to get a diagnosis of RSD, you have to have at least 5 of the above symptoms.

If I was you, the first thing I would do is get an appointment with a Pain Management Doctor. They are really good usually and often diagnose CRPS/RSD. Unfortunately at the moment, there is no tests to diagnose RSD - diagnosis is usually based on symptoms however your doctor will probably do many tests to rule out other possible illnesses. When I was diagnosed with RSD, I just had routine blood works, MRI, Ultrasound and X-Rays as I was told my RSD was "text book" (I had all the signs).

I hope and pray that you don't have RSD and that whatever is the matter will be able to get sorted real soon and that you will be back to normal. Please know that we are all here for you and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!

Love and best wishes,
Alison.